The constant warmth of an AGA heat-storage cooker actually makes cleaning much easier. This is because heat is always steadily radiating, carbonising any cooking spills and splashes in the process. That means the hot ovens and hotplates practically clean themselves and only need an occasional brush out.
A daily wipe with a damp cloth should be enough to maintain the shine of your vitreous enamel surfaces. If spills are left, they bake on and are more difficult to remove. In this case, use a recommended AGA cleaning product to easily remove the stain.
With just a little practice, all your favourite dishes can be transformed when cooking with the AGA heat-storage cooker. Although different from conventional cooking, cooking on an AGA is easy and once it clicks you'll never look back.
These few simple guidelines will help:
- Use the simmering plate as a griddle
- Grill at the top of the roasting oven
- Cook on the floor of the roasting oven for pie crusts and frying
- Use the 80:20 rule; cook the first part of the meal using one of the hotplates and then cook the other 80% in one of the ovens
- Slow cook overnight in the warming oven
You will need to contact a local builder to inspect your floor and assess for suitability. The weights of our appliances are shown on the relevant product page.